The Basic Cookery course is designed for Trainees who would like to start their journey in culinary Arts or those interested in setting up their businesses. This Training will address the basic Cookery techniques, which are fundamental to good cooking. They will learn to cook and prepare food quickly and confidently as well plan ahead and produce food without effort or panic.
At the end of the Course, trainees will be able to:
1. Know and Understand the Kitchen Environment; use of Kitchen Tools and Equipment.
2. Kitchen Training & Demonstrations
3. Food Knowledge
4. Understand Basic Stocks and Sauces, Soups and Dishes.
5. Prepare Cold and Hot Appetizers and Snacks.
6. Prepare Fish, Seafood, Poultry, White & Red Meat items
7. Food Safety & Hygiene and First Aid many more.
The course will cover all aspects of cookery for beginners; The Cookery Training takes place in our purpose built kitchen with plenty of working space for each student. You will enjoy working with other students and we also make sure there is plenty of personal tuition and help. A large part of each day is taken up with hands-on cooking as we believe this is the best way to learn.
1. Full Chef’s uniform (White chef’s jacket, White apron, Black trouser, Chef’s hat/ Hair net, Neckerchief, Black Safety Leather Shoes with rubber sole).
2. Torchon (kitchen towel).
3. Chef’s uniform to be purchased from any uniform distributor the school will advise.
4. Payments must be made in FULL or in two installments.